- Makes: 4 servings
- Yield: 8 medallions
- Prep 20 mins
- Marinate 2 hrs to 3 hrs
- Cook 6 mins
- 3/4 cup unsweetened canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1 1/2 – pound pork tenderloin
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped raw macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 -2 tablespoons coconut oil
- For marinade, in a bowl combine the first five ingredients (through cayenne pepper). Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 8 slices. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, flatten pork slices between two pieces of plastic wrap to 1/2 inch thick. Add meat to marinade; turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, turning meat occasionally.
- In a shallow dish beat eggs. In a food processor combine macadamia nuts and coconut. Cover and pulse just until mixture is finely chopped.
- Remove meat from marinade; discard marinade. Dip meat slices in egg, turning to coat. Lightly sprinkle both sides of meat with nut mixture. In a large heavy skillet cook pork, half at a time, in 1 tablespoon hot oil over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes per side or until meat is slightly pink in center. Add 1 more tablespoon oil if needed when cooking second half of pork. Serve pork with Paleo Mango Salsa.
Paleo Mango Salsa
- 1 lime
- 1 1/2 cups chopped mango
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red sweet pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 Scotch bonnet or hot green chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped*
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Remove 1/2 teaspoons zest and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice from lime. In a bowl combine all ingredients.