Call today for an appointment to see what we are all about….570-925-2077.
Here is a list of fun and entertaining ideas to keep retirement anything but mundane:
- Take a trip to someplace you and your spouse/friend have never been before.The fun is in the planning. Pour your heart into researching the area thoroughly, create a comprehensive, but flexible, itinerary and have the time of your life. The new destination should be seen as a place to discover and experience together. Creating memories is one of the best things you can do during retirement.
- Take up a new hobby.Tired of golfing Monday through Friday or water aerobics every Wednesday afternoon? If you need something new in your life, it may be time to take up a new hobby and expand your interests. Do something you have never done before but always wanted to try. While jumping from an airplane may be a little risky for your taste, offer yourself something new by attending an organic gardening class, taking a painting course or learning a new card game.
- Learn to make music and impress your family and friends.Who ever said you couldn’t teach an old dog new tricks, did not consider music. You are never too old to take guitar or piano lessons. Wow your friends and family with a personal recital after dinner. Simply choose an instrument you have always wanted to learn to play and sign up for lessons. Before you know it, you will be making music.
- Join a book club.While it may not seem like the most exciting thing to do during your retirement, the social interaction and enjoyment you get from reading a good book can do wonders for the psyche. Aim to read a book you have always wanted to read. Maybe you skipped the classics in school and now want to find out what all the chatter is about Mark Twain or Hemingway.
- Take a course at a local college, university or trade school on a subject you may like.Many schools offer senior discounts or allow you to audit the class for no credit and a small fee. Whether it is a pottery class or astronomy course, you will find great enjoyment learning alongside young and bright minds in a higher education environment. Remember, you have a lot to offer these kids with your wisdom and life experience.