Recipe By: PUSHKEMAA
Prep: 50 minutes / Cook: 25 minutes / ready in: 1 hour 30 minutes
“A German dish, these sweet dinner rolls are stuffed with ground beef, onion, and cabbage. A great alternative to the Finnish pasty!”
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Prepare dough: In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes. Mix in sugar, margarine, egg, salt and 1/2 of the flour. Beat until smooth; add remaining flour until dough pulls together. Place in oiled bowl. Cover with foil and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight, OR let it rise for 1 hour.
- In a large heavy skillet, brown meat. Add onion, cabbage, salt and simmer 30 minutes. Cool until lukewarm. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.) Coat a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Punch down dough and divide into 20 pieces. Spread each piece of dough out on an un-floured surface and fill with approximately 2 tablespoons filling. fold dough over and seal edges. Place on prepared cookie sheet and let rise for 1 hour.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Brush with butter and serve.