Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 45 minutes Ready in: 55 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a cast iron skillet.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and sugar. Toss the raisins with the flour mixture until coated. Make a well in the center and add the egg, buttermilk, and melted margarine. Stir until all of the dry ingredients are absorbed. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for a few quick turns just to even out the dough. Handle the dough as little as possible. Pat into a flat circle, and place into the prepared pan.
- Bake the bread for 40 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are golden.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2020 Allrecipes.com
Printed From Allrecipes.com 1/28/2020